Firearms

4 years ago

A group for those who prefer to hunt with firearms or are firearms enthusiasts.

Topic

2013 Regular Season - what are you seeing out there?

Let us know what you're seeing out there as the 2013 NYS Regular Season Opens.

Replies

Well it was like a freeway where i was.A lot of deer moving all day.Had a big doe come thru first thing in morning and she was movin,reason why a buck chasing her and what a shame he was very small so he got to live another day and needless to say the doe was in a position that i couldn't shoot her.Had a youth take his first deer he got a small 7 point,Congrats to him.Sunday was slow had a doe and again she wasn't sticking around.Then had a little buck get sneak in within 5 feet behind me gave a big snort and made me about piss myself.Had no idea he was there the sneaky bastard.We will try again on wend.Good luck

Reply Posted by Roger Homan 4 years ago

I'm thinking i should drive a big truck with brush bumper on it.Had another nice 8 point Standing in the middle of the road again coming into work.

yeah - they have their does right now. It's the time of year when you have to spend long hours in the woods to get that one good buck wandering by looking for his next doe. A true cold snap would be nice, so at least we could hunt food sources - they'll hit them all day in the cold.

Reply Posted by VanOtisco 4 years ago

If we got some snow that would be nice also.Looks to be colder the rest of week

Single digits would get them feeding all day. But it doesn't look like that's in the forecast.

Reply Posted by QuiverMeTimbers 4 years ago

Well all this cold didnt get them moving only saw 2 small ones on saturday and notta on sunday.was out from 5:45 till 10 or so and saw notta thing.Not even any fresh tracks.How'd everyone else do this week end?

I don't know what's going on out there this year. I have not seen a mature buck yet and I was out everyday last week. That's very odd. First 2 days I saw a fair amount of deer and a few small bucks, the next 3 days nothing. I hope this weekend is different!

Reply Posted by TFinNT 4 years ago

I only saw 2 last w/e sunday produced notta i don't know where they are hiding but they are all night pics on cam now.Hopefully they will move this w/e.

I've got high hopes for tomorrow morning, hope it's not a big let down.

I've been seeing does in groups at all hours of the day. The cold weather has been helping quite a bit. All I know, is I need better eyes and a new scope to take advantage of the opportunities.

Reply Posted by VanOtisco 4 years ago

All my pics are at dark still but i am seeing does in the fields more on way to work today.Need to put something down to fill freezer.less than 1 week to go.

weeee finally got something down and in freezer.It's been a strange season this year deer movement has been sparatic and 95% at night which has made it a very tough season for those of us that were hunting the big horns for most of the season.Still hopefull on getting one of the big boys but now it is time to fill freezer.Good luck to those bow and muzzleload hunting.May the force be with you.

Saw some chasing going on last weekend, but again all young bucks. Also saw 3 deer about 125 yards away and figured what the hell, used the bleat can 3 times and they turned and eventually made their way towards me. Muchto my surprise they were 3 bucks,young bucks, but was still surprised to see them roaming around together. A spike, 4pt, and a small 8pt. I actually saw these 3 traveling around together the week before. Well I'm done for the year, gonna keep the camera out there and see how many of the big boys made it through the season.

hope everyone got something this year,it was a strange one.Left camera out to see what is still running around will check it in a couple weeks.Hope all have a great xmas with family and friends.

Users who are logged in may post to forums.