The DeadBait Jeff Heartbreak Ice Fishing Derby is coming up and there are sure to be many ice fisherman on Otisco Lake who have never before fished the lake in the winter. With that in mind, I've asked couple of the the more experienced Otisco Lake ice anglers for a few tips.
Kevin Keller from FishChopper Charters
- Brown Trout: The browns are just under the ice and are very line shy
- Tiger Musky: You'll find Tigers on drop-offs and weed edges. The bigger the bait, the better. The north end of the late is best, with most fish being caught hr before sunrise to an hr after sunset.
DeadBait Jeff - Derby Organizer
- Crappie and Blue Gill: Fish near the dam (north end) with grubs.
- Perch: Use small flathead minnows.
- Brown Trout: The browns are just under the ice and being caught with minnows.
- Tiger Musky: Use minnows near the bottom.
If you have a sure-fire tip to share, post it in a comment below.
Learn more about the upcoming derby here.
Be the first to comment
Users who are logged in may post comments.