1. Plan your scout: Try to plan your walk both for time and distance. Remember to listen to your body and don’t over exert yourself.
2. Be a ghost in the woods: Do not do any turkey calling! Your are there to observe only.
3. Look for Turkey sign: Tracks, droppings, scratching, feathers, random Turkey sounds and sightings.
4. Where, What, and Why: If you find a flock to watch from a distance, observe where they go and try to determine what are they doing and why they are there?
5. Remember: You are learning the habits of your birds. This only lasts for a short time (two weeks or so), then it is a whole other game to learn.